GOOD NEWS ALERT – It is with great excitement, that after 2 years of PARRA asking for a dedicated pump and pipeline to the Sarel Hayward Dam we can report as follows:
- An additional pump has arrived in Port Elizabeth/Gqeberha, it will be collected & installed next Friday 18 February 2022.
- A 1.3 km HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) 160 mm pipeline is to be installed. Lead time on this is just over three weeks.
- There will therefore be an extra pipeline that is dedicated to pump water from behind the weir from Pump Station No 1 to the Sarel Hayward Dam.
- The Sarel Hayward Dam is at the second outlet valve and is estimated to be about 30% full. The telemetry is still not working to give accurate information on dam levels.
- Picture of water flowing into SHD earlier this week is below: