We did not receive a response to our letter dated 5 December 2021 (see here), we therefore addressed a further letter to Ndlambe LM.
PLEASE SEE A COPY OF THE LETTER ADDRESSED BY OUR CHAIRMAN MR DAWIE VAN WYK ON 4 JANUARY 2022 TO:
Senior Managers Contracts
I refer you to the letter I wrote to you on the 5th of December 2021. To date I have had no reply. There were two items I requested information on:
Firstly the signed declaration by Councillors of all their business interests: I asked for a copy of these declarations in the interest of transparency and good clean Corporate Governance as promised by our President. I did not receive copies of the declarations as requested.
Secondly I asked about the Senior Managers contracts: As Ratepayers we pay the salaries of the Senior Managers, which in the last budget (2021/2) for the Municipal Manager, the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Infrastructure, the Director of Corporate Services and the Director of Community Protection Services. The salary package of these five Senior Managers exceeded Eight Million Rand. We as Ndlambe Ratepayers feel we would like see more transparency in the appointment of these five Senior Managers.
Could we please be provided with the following information?
- The dates that the current contracts of the Senior Managers’ end.
- The dates and copies of the advertisements of all five posts.
- The dates and composition of the panels that interview the candidates who apply for the posts.
- In the interest of transparency and good clean corporate governance the Ratepayers would like representation on the selection panels.
- In Annexure C.14 of the Open Ndlambe Council Meeting of 9th December 2021 it states that the selection panel must be appointed according to the requirements stipulated in the regulations after considering the nature of the post, gender balance and the skills , expertise and the availability of the persons to be involved.
- In Annexure C.14 it states that at least one other person that is not a councillor or staff member who has the required expertise must be appointed to the selection panel.
- The Ratepayers of Ndlambe believe we have suitable candidates to sit on the selection panels of all the Senior Managers and request Ndlambe LM to ask the Ratepayers to nominate such candidates.
David van Wyk